Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dress for Success
THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!  
besides how fast it went by!
MOMENTS THIS WEEK:)
 We had zone conference which was amazing and sad since we are getting  a new mission president in June. President Ashton had to talk to us about the transition. Oh my gosh it was so sad. Then when sister Ashton went up to talk everyone was crying. It will be weird to have them go. I know I was blessed with the most amazing mission president and his wife. I know President Hall will be amazing! Start praying for my new mission president. He is in his 40's and has 4 kids!  He looks amazing! He is from Utah. Also pray for President and Sister Ashton. They are so sad  to leave and are still working so hard! We set some amazing goals for this last little bit of the mission. All of the missionaries are working so hard.
If anyone has some good advice on a change of mission president, let me know :) help me out! because I know it will be hard!

At zone conference we had some awesome studies! I cant even begin to describe how smart President Ashton is. He taught us about the atonement of Jesus Christ. It blows my mind, It is amazing how much we learned. but then how much the spirit taught me that day was something I wont forget. I know Jesus Christ truly loves me. To just think of all he went through I feel so bad, but that's why we have the power of repentance! That is a gift to all of us, so people repent daily :) Jesus Christ suffered, so that we wouldn't have too.

Also we were taught all about Family history! and boy was my mind blown.... the power we have to do temple work is the BOMB! hahah We would be going to the temple all day long if we knew of how many people are just waiting for the gospel! Think of the amazing blessing we have to be able to do work for the dead. It is a blessing to have temples close to us. SO PEOPLE GO DO WORK!!! Please, I know your ancestors are waiting. Go do family history! do something!! It is cool. We are allowed to do family history each week for an hour. I was doing it and found that I have a relative named HANNAH WIDDISON who lived from 1838-1871! how cool :) Just like my sister! whooh you find out cool things when you do family history!
Okay time for gator talk :)
LETTY and LOUIS :)
Louis is the member, and Letty is his girlfriend! but they aren't married and they live together! They know they are breaking the law of chastity!  Letty has never wanted to get baptized, but she loves church! (typical) hahah  well on Monday we go to have a FHE with them and it was amazing!! but let me start from the beginning! So we go and they are all excited. (Oh Letty and Louis are in their 30's and they have 6 kids.) but only 2 together! So they are a cute family! ahw I just love them. anyways, We had an amazing FHE about the restoration and Louis has an amazing testimony. Then they asked us to come back on Friday, so we did.. haha and we were super prompted to teach them about The Family Proclamation to the World! So we go in and Letty and Louis are like super excited and they say "we have news"! hahah and we are like... what? Then Louis says "we want to be sealed in the temple in a year. So we need to get married and Letty wants to get baptized." WHATTTT OUR JAWS DROPPPED! We were freaking out ahahahahaha YAY!! so excited!
 The spirit was like blowing a 10000 mph in our faces hahah but really it was strong! So we talked to them about it and Letty wants to finally get married and she wants to get baptized.  They really want to go to the temple and be sealed as a family. OH MY GOODNESS.  We were so pumped. So we get to plan a wedding here soon :) They are praying for a date right now :) So all you at home can pray they figure out a date!!! but how cool, we walk in, they tell us that crazy news. after we were prompted to teach them about the Family Proclmation!! THE HOLY GHOST IS SO COOL! Stay worthy of promptings from the holy ghost people, its cool :)
anyways that was amazing! POWERFUL LESSON!

Oh my heavens... EDMUND.. He is just so funny. He comes to church but  always leaves early because he has to go to his other Baptist church called "Bethel" hahaha (ugh that darn Bethel church)..  Edmund came to church and SNORED the ENTIRE sacrament meeting... hahah the only time he woke up was when his phone rang on full volume... bahahahhahaha I tried so hard not to laugh but you know me, I was practically rolling on the ground! hahaha :) anyways, pray Edmund just gets baptized or something.. hes been coming to church for years... seriously he is the ideal ETERNAGATOR!!!
As for Audrey... shes so sweet! She thought we were 35 years old though.. haha but we love visiting her! and she loves us!! 

So we love sister Barbour :) 
She is a lady about 80 years old. She can't come to church because she physically can't. So we visit her weekly.  I love her!!!  My heart is so full of love for her, and oh my heavens, so we were visiting her and she was like "girls I think I have something you would just love". So she asks us our dress sizes.. and gets her walker and goes into her room.. hahah she brings out two pretty decently cute dresses for Hermana V and then she gives me her dress she wore on her 50th anniversary... ahhaha
I love sister barbour :) pray for her :)




okay I love you all :
)Have a good week!
I will talk to you all in what seems like a blink of an eye :)
take care!

LOVE
HERMANA WIDDISON

No comments:

Post a Comment