Monday, March 9, 2015

                                                                                                                MARCH  2  2015
Amazing!

Oh my heavens.. this week, wow!


Okay funny story! Well more like an amazing testimony builder story :)


On Wednesday the Lozano family signed up to feed both the elders and sisters for dinner, but its mission rules elders and sisters can't eat together. So one of us picks up the food and the other one stays and eats.  On Wednesday we went and picked up the food while the elders stayed!  While we were there, Sister Lozanos grandpa "Abueltio" was there and he is straight out of Mexico! He doesn't know any English, and has been visiting Bay City for a month or so, but all he does is chill in their house so he doesn't know Bay City very well.  While the elders were sitting eating dinner with the family, Abueltio just peaces out and decides to go for a walk (this is around 5:30.)
 Then always on Wednesday nights we teach English class, and Sister Lozano always comes! but that night she didn't but her husband was at the church and came up to us and said we are having a little bit of a crisis. ABUELTIO IS GONE! So since 5:30 Abueltio was just walking around Bay City completely lost! so me and Hermana V were like, lets go find him.  It's 7:30 now and its cold outside  so we get in the car and pray and then we are driving up and down all these streets close to their house trying to think of where an 80 year old man would go. So we went to all the taco trucks in town and we went and checked the Mexican stores too.  By this time its around 8ish, and the elders call us and tell us they are gonna start looking for him. So there is a whole bunch of us looking around for this grandpa. We are just praying and we can find him! Then around 8:20 we get a call from the elders and we answer it and Elder Carter goes "no freaking way" hahahahah then we freak out because we know that they found him! Abueltio walked about 4 miles away from his house! The elders were parked somewhere and they decided to pray, and then after the prayer they looked up and they saw Abueltio walking down the side of the road!! IT WAS SOOOOO COOL! It was an immediate answer to their prayers! Well to all of ours. So the elders went and helped him out, but the elders don't know Spanish! So we drove to where they were and we went and talked to Abueltio and all he said was "I got lost" hahahah he was so cute! I was so happy he got found! Its cool to look at it, because we all knew exactly what he was wearing that day and we all knew who we were looking for! Heavenly Father answers prayers :) AMAZING!!! 
 


Then oh my goodness, we were eating with the Nielson family and the little boys were so hyped up.  I told them I could beat them at a race. So of course we had to all race and they won of course:)
hehe  hence the picture, they are cute! future missionaries too :)
Racing the Nielson boys
 I love the families in this ward! they are seriously amazing! I can't even begin to tell you about how much I love Hermana Sharp! She knows about 5% English but she has such a testimony of this church. She is from El Salvador, and she is amazing. She doesn't know what is always being said in church, but she radiates the spirit! She is my favorite and she is honestly one of the most amazing examples that I have seen of someone who just loves everyone she meets! She instantly will just love you. She is wonderful and we even have the same favorite hymn :) #50 Mas Cerca Dios :) amazing!
 Let me rave to you about how amazing another member is and how she just loves us to death! Sister Barbour!  She is a less active and she is around 80 years old. Every time we go to visit her we get a big  hug and kiss from her. I just feel so much love from the members here in Bay City! Its truly amazing!
Sister Barbour

Oh and don't get me started on fast and testimony meeting! YESTERDAY WAS AMAZING!
 I have never felt the spirit so strong in a testimony meeting before. Yesterday I was sitting in the back row by Hermana Sharp and she is just crying because the spirit was seriously so strong. Every testimony is what I needed to hear. Its amazing  how testimonies can change peoples lives... SHARE YOUR TESTIMONY! you never know who needs to hear it :) I love being a missionary because every day I get to testify of this restored gospel... seriously how cool is that? :)

gosh being a missionary is the best! wow I am lucky!



Oh wanna hear something random?

We were visiting people in this apartment complex when I see a little  lady walking around with her walker. I wave to her and just tell her that we are coming to visit her.. hahah didn't even ask- just told! gotta be bold :) 

I watched where she went (yeah missionary stalking skills) and I see where she goes then I turn to Hermana V and I say we are going to go visit her and shes like ehh.. and I am like HECK YES. So we  go to knock on the door and we just hear yelling  "come in " so we go inside and it's this little  lady named Fanny. We just sit and talk to her.. (well yell, cause shes hard of hearing) haha and we ask her if there is anything we can do for her. and shes like "can you do my laundry?" HECK YES WE CAN! So I got to do a 69 year old ladies laundry.  I can't say I want to do it ever again.. but hey you never know if people need help :) hahahahhahahahahaha that was funny... I enjoyed it though :) not so sure about Hermana V
!


Oh my heavens, amazing GATORS too :)

I love teaching people!  Let me tell you what happened this week with one of our gators named Edmund. He has been investigating the church for about 10+ years...  (eternagator) so basically he knows this church is true. He read the Book of Mormon daily and he loves the missionaries. ( he's about 65) but he wont do anything.. so I told him "call us when you want to be baptized.." bold.. yeah, he hasn't called us since then :(  One day he will call! 
 

and then... we teach a really funny Baptist black lady named Audrey! She is smoking during the lesson and she loves Jesus and she loves the missionaries! She invites all her neighbors over when we go over to teach her... so that's a party.. I have never smelt like 2nd hand smoke so much in my life #missionaryprobs hahahah


okay..

pienso que es todo :)


Keep it up Girl! Best Hermana Ever, Love Nick (and my mom) ;)

OKAY LOVE YOU ALL
HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!!

pray Edmund calls.. haha


oh and pray our mission can achieve our goal of 58 baptism for the month of MARCH :)


love

me

Hermana

Widdison

:)

su favorita hermana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment