Thursday, August 13, 2015


                                           August 10, 2015

MORDIDA





























       

                                                





Happy Birthday to me. August 4th I turned 20!








    












Celebrated at Build A Bear on P-day of course.





 Birthday lunch at Olive Garden with Hermana Whitehead


Family Home Evening, It's a tradition, cake in your face on your Birthday!




Look what everyone did for me on Tuesday when we teach our English class!


Everyone at English class helped me celebrate. I love them!



More cake in the face!


It's pretty fun.
HELLO :)

This week is going to be a lot of pictures :)
LUCKY YOU!!!


My birthday week was a week of miracles!! 
In the Hispanic culture they have this tradition where they smash a cake in your face on your birthday.  It's for good luck! hahaha, so of course this happened a few times.. :)
they chant, "MORDIDA" which means bite, so you have to take a little bite out of the cake then someone just smashes your face into it, so fun!! (or you just do it yourself!!)  :)
So Monday night at FHE is the first time it happened.
Then Tuesday at English class, MY FAVORITE!  I walked in and they had  decorations and they all sad  "Happy Birthday",  I LOVE ENGLISH CLASS :)
My little favorite person, I call her Hermanaita, she brought lasagna and chocolate cake for my birthday, It made me feel so loved. She is amazing. hahaha ( I will send lots of pictures, don't even sweat it haha) ( speaking of sweat its supposed to be 107 today and tomorrow here in Houston. whoot) anyways. ENGLISH CLASS WAS AMAZING!! I even got some birthday hugs from the guys hahahahahahhahahaha and it was cute all the little cards they gave me said,  "Happy Birthday Hermana Widdingson!" haha close enough, right? :) hahaha

THANK YOU FOR ALL MY BIRTHDAY WISHES :) 
It was weird. It was just like any other day.
President Hall called me in the morning and even sang to me. That was a good way to start my day :)

AMAZING MIRACLE!
We made this new friend named Martin.  We always see him at the bus stop. So then on Tuesday we just asked him if he was ever interested in learning about the gospel.  (ooh, background story, 18 years old, from Ecuador, here learning English, going home next Tuesday.) so we always would see him right, well we asked him, and he was like ya! So we went over and taught him, then he said, "Can I come out teaching with you guys? I want to be a missionary."
 BAHAHA WELL HECK YEAH YOU CAN MARTIN!!  So Martin came out teaching with us ALL DAY FRIDAY!! ALL DAY!!!  We gave him some things to study and to watch, and he studied them. like what! cool. Anyways, He said,  "I give you guys so much credit, and I want to go out teaching with the missionaries down in Ecuador when get home because I see them everywhere."
OH MY GOSH. Then he sad, "I know the Book of Mormon is true, why wouldn't it be?
 Basically my jaw was on the ground all day long. haha SO COOL!  He is coming out teaching with us tonight too. so cool right? yeah, cool!  don't worry I took pictures, this really happened. 

Martin, Hermana Whitehead and me


Out biking with Martin

THEN ANA!
I love Ana.  Love, love  her!
We went and knocked on her door, and she opened it and said, "I was praying you guys would come." LIKE WHAT?  Then she was like I have been reading in the Book of Mormon.
(she was on page 58)  WHAT?  She said, "I find so much comfort, and its true!!) AMAZING!!!

We saw her two days later and she was in Jacob.. haha what! She is amazing... amazing! and she is in the worst, most terrible, awful situation I have ever heard of, and shes so positive, and she knows everything will work out. I love her, truly love her.

It's the little things. 
I love being a missionary.
gosh.
KICK BUTT THIS WEEK PEOPLE!!

LOVE,
HERMANA WIDDISON

No comments:

Post a Comment