Monday, June 15, 2015

                                                   6/15/2015
YELLOW ANGELS


FIRST THINGS FIRST..


Another six weeks have past, which means TRANSFERS! 
That means I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED.. again!
I am now heading to my 5th area in the mission. Oh my gosh, I am so sick of packing up my stuff.
 For me I have always hated change. So now I guess I'm just used to it. Heavenly Father is teaching me a lesson by transferring me ALL THE TIME.

 Let me tell you about my week :)

WE GOT TO GO UP TO HOUSTON!
It was actually pretty sad, we got to go up as a zone to do some service for the families whose houses were ruined in the floods. My goodness it looked like a natural disaster. It looks like the end of the world. We would drive through neighborhoods and there were peoples belongs all over the front lawn. Carpet, walls, ovens, anything, you name it, it was out there! The flood waters came up to about 4ft in some peoples homes. So we went in and ripped out all the walls, carpets, whatever got wet.  I can't even describe the smell, it was so moldy!! It has been three weeks since the first flood. People just let the water sit, and it is so gross. However, it was fun to be able to just rip out walls, but then sad to think that these are peoples homes and that so many of their belongs just got destroyed!  People would see us all in our Mormon yellow helping hands shirts and come up to us and just cry and ask if we could come help them. It was so humbling to know people recognize us and know that we can help them. It's a beautiful work to be apart of.
As for y'all who watch the news,  Houston is gonna be underwater again this week! So pray for us here in Houston, and pray for my worry-some mother ;)  Just keep us in your prayers!! Tropical storm Bill is on his way!) 

GATOR TALK
Randy is doing AMAZING!! No other way to put it. He teaches us the lessons and he is so excited, he is even talking about a mission.  COOL :) I am so sad to leave because he is progressing so much.
RAUL! is doing awesome, he will probably cry when he finds out I am leaving, but I will be able to go back to see him get baptized on the 28th :) 

MOMENTS OF THIS WEEK 
 I got to go visit another member of the branch in the hospital, hahah gosh, it's like a weekly trend. ANGELICA got west nile virus, so we went and saw her! She is doing good now, so keep her in your prayers please :)

MY MISSION PRESIDENT HAS NOW BEEN CALLED TO BE 2ND COUNSELOR OF THE GENERAL SUNDAY SCHOOL PRESIDENCY... YUP.  
Yeah, my mission president is a general authority. I have cried to a general authority before :) How many people can say that?!?! :) haha



 We had the chance to have a "mini missionary" with us, and that was interesting. She was with us for about 2.5 days, and was so exhausted by the end of it. It was fun having someone brand new try and see how the mission life is! 



We have a new investigator!
RAQUEL! she has so many questions, but the first question she asked us was, "When can I get baptized.." hahaha I laughed and then was like oh my gosh shes serious. SO COOL HOW HEAVENLY FATHER PREPARES PEOPLE :) so we are teaching her right now! Pray she can overcome the temptations of the word of wisdom!


Anyways, the weeks go by fast, lots of little moments here and there!!



A new adventure awaits on Wednesday!!

I love you all!!
Have a good week :)



Enjoy the sunshine where ever y'all might be ;)

Plenty of rain down here :)
 
love,

soon to be Hermana Widdison?! or Sister Widdison, who knows? :)

whichever it may be, I am happy to be a missionary :)
Wearing our yellow "Helping Hands" shirts while we serve those who have been flooded.


So much damage to the houses.


Service makes you feel like a super hero.  Go Missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment