Monday, July 27, 2015

                                               July 27, 2015
WELL HELLO!

I have survived another week here in the SAUNA!

Pretty sure I was called to serve in Africa rather than Texas. Because I feel like it is just as hot. There is no other way to describe my week other than hot. hot. hot. Plus we checked the weather this week, yeah, whoot 104 degrees plus 100% humidity.
We try and avoid the roads with a lot of cars because it's seriously just so hot. Biking is so hot. haha we just sweat. It's awful when we stop to wait for the red lights because then we just sweat even more. People tell us to not to come visit them because they don't want us leaving our apartment, but we are like.. "well we have to leave anyways" hahahaha people these days!
We have a lot  of friends at taco trucks who give us water bottles all the time. Which is such a blessing! I am so grateful for them! 
 Go taco truck friends :) 

This week was awesome! It went so fast I have no idea what even happened...
Well we found a ton of new investigators! They are all from GUATEMALA! One cool thing about serving stateside Spanish speaking, is that we meet people from everywhere, we can normally guess what country they are from, which is cool! Plus they are all just short so they are so amazed that this tall white girl is speaking Spanish to them and playing trompo!! (TROMPO is a game in Guatemala, its basically a top.. haha  It's a street game, so I play it then the people come up to us and ask where I am from and then we teach them the gospel :)) hahaha

We have some awesome investigators!!  All of them are men.. hahaha my life. It's funny because we can't enter into their apartment unless there is a 3rd girl, so we teach the majority of our lessons outside, sweating, and we can feel the breeze from the apartment. OH, TEXAS IS HOT!!
However, Heavenly Father is definitely blessing us in this heat! We were able to meet some amazing people this week and slowly but surely we are seeing changes in these people its amazing of what the gospel does!
our investigator Ana came back.. then left..  MY HEART CANT HANDLE HER. hahaha 
I love her. I have never been able to understand 100% of Spanish until her!
I love teaching English class! Next week we are having a birthday party for me during class! It's neat because a lot of the students aren't members, but they just love the missionaries so much!! :)

Go missionary work! 
It's bomb.
It's hot.

I am so excited for November. When it is finally  a good chilly temperature. Praying for November!

The mission is great.
I love my new president! whoot.
Oh yeah, we had transfer calls this morning, and I'm not leaving!:)
Staying here with Hermana Whitehead for another 6 weeks.
That means biking in the hottest time of the year.. whoooooo..
(PRAY FOR ME)

LOVE YOU ALL!!
love,
Sweaty Sista Widdison

hahaha these pictures.. enjoy them!
I hate taking off my backpack!


DID I MENTION, TEXAS IS REALLY HOT?



No comments:

Post a Comment